This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
This is another great dessert for Valentine's day. Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet Truffles...need I say more?
What you need:
- Box Red Velvet cake mix
- Cream cheese icing
- White Chocolate morsels (any melting white chocolate will work)
- ⅛ c granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 4 oz cream cheese
What to do:
- Make the cake according to the box & let cool.
- Make the cheese cake filling by combining the cream cheese, sugar, & vanilla using an electric mixer. Freeze for an hour.
- Cut cake into 4 pieces & place in a large bowl.
- Using 2 forks crumble cake into fine pieces.
- Mix in ½ of the cream cheese frosting and mix until well combined.
- Grab a bit of the cake mixture and flatten in your hand. It should be no more than 2 inches wide. Scoop a bit of the cheese cake mixture into the middle & fold up the sides. Place a bit more cake mixture on top, gently form & roll into a ball. The ball should be between 1 ½ & 2 inches wide.
- Freeze for an hour.
- Melt the white chocolate using your preferred method. I used a double broiler. I also used about ¾ of the bag of white chocolate morsels.
- Using a fork dip the frozen truffles into the white chocolate & place on wax or parchment paper
- Top any way you choose. I used sprinkles.
Keep refrigerated to keep them from melting!!!