I've always been a bacon lover but the cooking in a frying pan with grease splattering everywhere was just a turn off. I even bought the splatter screen but I still managed to burn myself. My grandma told me her secret of baking bacon in the oven and it turns out perfectly with zero mess, EVERY TIME! I will never cook it any other way.
- Cookie sheet
- Tin foil/ parchment paper
- Paper towels
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay out bacon strips flat on the cookie sheet. For an easy clean-up put tin foil or parchment paper down first.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until crispy brown.
- Take bacon slices off with a tongs and put on them on paper towels to drain the grease.
- Save the bacon grease for cooking with later or let cool and discard.
- Let the bacon rest for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
*If you want crispier bacon use a metal cooling rack on the cookie sheet and place bacon on top.