If you’re on a low carb or keto diet you must try this 90 second bread turned into a GRILLED CHEESE! This brilliant idea was made by Christina Kruger-Harris and was lovely to share with us! She said “I made the coolest 90 keto mug bread in a sandwich container. I then cut it in half and made the best grilled ham and cheese sammy! It was crispy and delicious. I added seasonings to my almond flour to give the “bread” zing. I also made a second one and toasted it and it makes a sandwich that is 90% like real bread. I’m going to try again and add cinnamon and nutmeg and a packet of stevia for a mock cinnamon toast with cream cheese. I bought this container at the Dollar Tree and it works perfectly! I just tap the battery hard on the counter to get the bubbles out and get a smooth surface!”
Watch how to make it…
Keto Grilled Cheese
90 second bread ingredients:
- 3 TBSP almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBSP butter melted
- 1 egg
- Cheddar cheese/meats
- Seasonings optional: taco seasoning, curry, garlic salt, etc
- Melt butter in a bowl.
- Add the almond flour, egg, baking powder, seasonings and then whisk together.
- Dump into the sandwich container (or bowl/mug works). You can do it in a mug for an English muffin or in a square container for "bread shape" . It is best toasted before using as it's super soft and squishy after cooking.
- Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Take out of the microwave and let cool 20 seconds.
- Cut bread in half and fill with cheese/meat (if too thin, make 2 slices of bread)
- Heat butter in a skillet and cook the bread on each side until crisp.
Check out our other keto recipes here!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)