Here’s an easy recipe for all my shrimp lovers ~ lemon garlic shrimp pasta! My husband used to hate shrimp and now with these new recipes I try, he LOVES it! He even had seconds, AND took leftovers to work. I call that a win. This recipe is for the cooks who never have fresh herbs laying around :-) but if you have them, you can definitely substitute them in.
- 1 pound raw deveined shrimp
- 10 oz thin spaghetti or angel hair noodles (a little over half a box)
- 1/2 TBSP dried basil
- 1/2 TBSP dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic – (1 1/2 tsp jarred garlic)
- 3 TBSP lemon juice (+zest from peel)
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 3 TBSP butter
- Peel tails off shrimp. Put the olive oil and butter in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Boil noodles with salt.
- Toss in the shrimp with the butter/olive oil and let cook for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add in garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once the noodles are done, take 1/3 cup of the boiled water and pour it into the shrimp. Drain the rest.
- Mix the noodles with shrimp and add parsley, basil, lemon juice, and some lemon zest.
- Heat for a few minutes, stir, and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.