Who doesn't love chocolate cake? It has gotten me through some very tough kid induced mental/emotional breakdowns. I always say the richer & more chocolate the better. This cake is definitely a rich chocolate flavor. Perfect for hiding in the bathroom (while tiny fingers wiggle under the door) & drowning your sorrows. It might even give you the strength to make it through another day!
What you need:
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 1 ¼ milk
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ C vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ C unsweetened coco powder
- 1 ½ C sugar
- 2 C flour
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ C butter
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ C unsweetened coco powder
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & lightly flour a 13 x 8 pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the coco powder, sugar, flour, & baking powder.
- Add in the milk, egg, vegetable oil, & vanilla. Mix at medium speed until well blended.
- Pour into the baking pan & bake for 3o-35 minutes.
- To make the frosting first cream together the butter & cream cheese. Add the rest of the ingredients & mix on high until well blended.
- Allow cake to cook completely & frost.
- Add sprinkles for a fun touch!
This is just what your sweet tooth needs!!!!