Try this yummy shrimp fried rice in a pineapple bowl! This goes perfectly with my blood orange chicken recipe.
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 10-15 mins
TOTAL TIME Up to 20 mins
- 3 cups of cold cooked rice (I love Jasmine Rice)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or finely diced
- 3 tsp butter (divided)
- ½ lb cooked (not precooked from the bag or seafood section but freshly cooked with some salt) shrimp, peeled/deveined/diced
- salt to taste
- 4 oz of frozen peas and diced carrots
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, diced into 1/2 ” pieces
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce/tamari/or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp green onions, thinly sliced (optional for garnish)
In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter to skillet and add eggs to melted butter. Scramble the eggs and remove to the side, then add in the garlic and toss for 1 minute being careful not to burn or brown. To the skillet add the remaining butters and allow to melt in skillet. Next add in the shrimp and rice, breaking up the rice if needed and give all ingredients a good toss. Season the rice with salt and add in the vegetables, cooking for 3-5 minutes.
Add in the soy sauce, tossing to coat, cook for another 3 minutes and turn off the heat. Add in your fresh pineapples and toss; taste and adjust seasoning. Serve in reserved pineapple bowl if cooking my baked blood orange ginger chicken or with your favorite dish. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.