The Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffles were so popular with my family and friends that I did what I always do, I tried it a different way. This time with raspberries and chocolate fudge cake mix. The outcome was once again delicious. I served them at a birthday recently and they were gobbled up.
What you need:
- Chocolate fudge cake mix
- Chocolate frosting
- Melting chocolate (I used an almond bar because I find it much easier to work with)
- Fresh Raspberries
- Red sprinkles
What to do:
- Make cake according to box and let cook.
- Cut cake in 4 pieces and place in large bowl.
- Using 2 forks crumble cake into fine pieces.
- Add half of the chocolate frosting & mix until well combined.
- Grab a bit of the cake mixture and flatten in your hand. It should be no more than 2 inches wide. Place a raspberry in the middle & fold the sides up. Place a bit more cake mixture on top, gently form & roll into a ball. The ball should be between 1 1/2 & 2 inches wide.
- Freeze for an hour.
- Melt the chocolate using your preferred method. I used the whole bar, melting a half at a time in the microwave.
- Dip each truffle ball into the chocolate using a fork. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to shake off excess chocolate.
- Add sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.