Here’s a super simple idea to decorate your plain sugar cookies this Christmas! All you need is brown and red frosting. It is easiest when you buy the ones in the tube. Make a red nose like Rudolph’s and add eyes/antlers with the brown frosting! These were a hit at the party and cost very little to make.
Homemade Sugar Cookies Recipe from AllRecipes.com
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.