This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make some cute little easter chicks out of rice krispie bars!! Perfect to make for spring or an Easter party.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
Rice Krispie Easter Chicks
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 15 oz marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons softened butter
- Yellow food coloring
- 2 cups orange candy melts
- Large candy eyes
- 4 ” circle cookie cutter
- 9 x13” pan
- Decorating bag
- Non stick cooking spray
- Potato masher
- Grease a small 9x13” pan with butter or a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat the marshmallows with 3 tablespoons of butter and heat for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows get puffy.
- Mix in a couple drops of food coloring in the marshmallow mixture.
- Now mix in six cups of Rice Krispies cereal in with the marshmallows.
- Scoop the mixture into your pan, pressing down firmly with a potato masher and freeze for 15 minutes before using a circle cookie cutter to cut out your shapes.
- Heat the candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds and pour into a decorating bag.
- Use the melted candy melts to stick the eyes into the top front of the chicks and draw a beak and feet below.