This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
If you're like me and looking to cut some carbs you must try these taco stuffed peppers! They still have the bit of crunch to make them seem like a real taco :-)
- 1 pound Ground beef
- Can of black beans
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- ½ chopped onion
- 4 Green bell peppers
- Toppings (shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, etc.)
- TBSP olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your bell peppers in half and scoop out the insides/seeds. Rub olive oil on the bottoms of the bell peppers and put lay them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. (If you want softer peppers, add a few TBSP of water to the baking sheet)
- While that is baking, brown ground beef with the onions. Drain grease and add in the taco seasoning with the suggested amount of water.
- Let simmer until it is thicker. Add in the can of black beans and a cup of salsa. Mix.
- Fill each pepper to the brim and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes until it is melted and bubbly.
- Top it with sour cream, lettuce, salsa, etc! Enjoy....carb free!