Here's a fantastic pasta recipe for you all to make for dinner - cajun chicken pasta! If you like a little spice this is perfect! It's not hard to make and I even included a cajun seasoning recipe so you can make it at home.
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp cajun spice (recipe below)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- Boil pasta according to package directions then drain and reserve for later
- While pasta is boiling, combine chicken breast, 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp cajun spice in a ziploc bag and marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Add remaining olive oil to a skillet and cook chicken in skillet over medium- high heat for 7-8 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 175 degrees)
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Combine cooked noodles, heavy cream, 2 tsp cajun spice and parmesan cheese in the skillet
- Cook over medium-high heat stirring constantly until sauce has thickened.
- Place cooked chicken on top of pasta and top with tomatoes and parmesan cheese
- Serve immediately
Cajun Spice Mix
- 1½ Tbsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp cayenne
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
Combine all ingredients in a jar and mix well.