Here's a healthy alternative to using dough as a pizza crust! Zucchini cheese crust! This recipe was made by Kamila who let me share it since it looks so wonderful!
- 8 cups grated zucchini (that's been squeezed & aside with salt to get out the moisture!)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ⅔ cup flour (I used almond flour to be healthier)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tsp oregano & basil
- 2 beaten eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Pizza toppings (spinach, meat, cheese, cherry tomatoes, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 475/500 degrees F.
- Grate a zucchini and add salt then set aside. Ring out the excess moisture in a cheese cloth or tea towel.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl then press it down onto a grease proof paper (ex- parchment paper) into a cirle shape and transfer it to an already hot pizza stone from the oven so it doesn't get soggy.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add toppings to the pizza and place back in the oven for 4-5 minutes.