This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy.
Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix
Makes 1.70 oz or 48grams
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin (if using it for chicken or shrimp use just 1 tsp)
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander seed
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes adjust amount to desired heat level
- 1 Tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1.5 Tablespoons dried cilantro or dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano Mexican oregano if possible
- Measure the spices, use a fork to stir until all of the ingredients are well combined. You can also just add everything into a small jar and shake until well combined. Store in a cool, dark place for up to a couple of weeks for optimal freshness and taste.
If you’d like a non-spicy mix omit the pepper flakes and add a total of 2 Tablespoons of sweet paprika. Instead of red pepper flakes you can also use red chili powder or ground chipotle pepper for a smoky tasting fajita mix. The use of powdered garlic and onion is so that it adheres to your ingredients better than granulated garlic and onion.