This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix
Makes 1.70 oz or 48grams
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin (if using it for chicken or shrimp use just 1 tsp)
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander seed
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes adjust amount to desired heat level
- 1 Tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1.5 Tablespoons dried cilantro or dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano Mexican oregano if possible
- Measure the spices, use a fork to stir until all of the ingredients are well combined. You can also just add everything into a small jar and shake until well combined. Store in a cool, dark place for up to a couple of weeks for optimal freshness and taste.
If you’d like a non-spicy mix omit the pepper flakes and add a total of 2 Tablespoons of sweet paprika. Instead of red pepper flakes you can also use red chili powder or ground chipotle pepper for a smoky tasting fajita mix. The use of powdered garlic and onion is so that it adheres to your ingredients better than granulated garlic and onion.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)