This red velvet cheesecake brownie recipe is simple, moist, and delicious! I think red velvet works great as a Valentine’s Day dessert or treat too! The cake mix with the eggs, butter, and oil is really just a short cut, it is very much a brownie.
Brownie Batter Ingredients:
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
For the Cream Cheese:
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9×9 pan.
- In a bowl combine the cake mix, melted butter, oil, and eggs. The batter should be very think, but bakes up incredibly moist. Reserve 1/3 cup of batter mixed with 2 tbsp of water for the topping, and spread the rest in to prepared baking dish.
- For the cheesecake topping, beat cream cheese until like then add sugar until combined. Beat in egg until well blended, then add vanilla. Pour on top of brownie mixture and spread into an even layer.
- Top cheesecake layers with dollops of the thinned out brownie batter and use a tooth pick or butter knife to make pretty swirls. Bake 20 – 25 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely, then serve!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.