These adorable little wood slice reindeer ornaments were made by DeAnn Stewart and was so sweet to share her tutorial with us today!
- Wood slices - I've seen them at Hobby Lobby or I just got a seasoned piece of firewood cut my own slices.
- Pipe cleaners
- Drill a small hole at the top of the wood slice for the string to hang the ornament.
- On the top of the wood slice (where the bark is) drill a small hole roughly ¼ inch apart from the string hole. This is where the antlers will go.
- Paint the wood slice brown then paint the reindeer face.
- Ears: cut 4 small ears from felt. Cut a small piece of pipe cleaner for each ear (2 pieces) glue pipe cleaner to the middle of each ear. Like this: ear, pipe cleaner, ear. Do this for each ear. The pipe cleaner helps to hold the ear up and it's bendable. Put ears to the side to be attached later.
- Antlers: I used pipe cleaner for the antlers. I started with a ½ piece of a pipe cleaner and played around with it to get the shape I liked.
- Remember those 2 holes you drilled in step 2? Glue the antlers into those holes.
- Ears: you want to bend one end of each ear a little so it will be easier to glue down.
- Add embellishments if you want. I added a bow for the girl and a bowtie for the boy.