With this recipe you will end up with a light, fluffy, universal buttercream, that is perfect for piping. I used it for quite some time and it never got runny on me. It is perfect for cakes, cupcakes, etc!
Best Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 5 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp flavoring vanilla, almond, lemon etc.
- Beat together butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add in confectioners sugar a cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the heavy cream and your flavoring of choice and beat for 1 – 2 minutes on high speed.
You can see here it’s not runny for decorating goodies!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)