These darling little shrinky dink keychain charms were made by Tara Jenkin’s kiddos! How fun for moms to receive these to put on their keys? Even grandparent gifts! We’ve also made shrinky dink fridge magnets.
Here’s what they would look like with key rings (photo credit: Rachel Moore-Brinkman)
- Start by placing the shrink plastic on a table.
- Have the kids press their hands against a rainbow ink pad.
- Have them firmly press it against the plastic.
- Over the wet ink, shake embossing powder and tap off excess.
- Cut around the edge of the handprint leaving a little space.
- Use a hole puncher and make a hole at the top.
- Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Bake according to the package directions. (Mine said 325 degrees for 1-3 minutes)
- Add charms or key rings!
*The shrinky dinks will curl! Use an oven mitt and press it flat, if it already hardened stick it back in the oven for 2 more minutes. Put something on top of the mitt like a flour container so it stays flat.Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)