I absolutely love buying wonton wrappers at the store because there are so many different recipes that you can make with them! Today I tried a new one called buffalo chicken wonton cups. They turned out pretty good and my husband went back for seconds (which is always a good sign!) These would be perfect for an appetizer at a party as well.
Yum! You can also use just light ranch dressing instead of adding the cream cheese to make it a lighter version.
Start by putting wonton wrappers in a muffin tin and baking for 3 minutes. This will make them nice and crisp otherwise they won’t cook all the way though (gets soggy) Mix 1/2 cup of Franks hot sauce, 1/2 block of softened cream cheese, and 1/2 cup ranch dressing then shred your chicken!
Layer the ingredients: wonton wrapper, sauce, chicken, wonton wrapper, sauce, chicken, and top it off with cheddar cheese!
Bake 10-13 minutes at 350 degrees and let cool a bit before diving in! Note that I had a lot of leftover sauce so you can definitely make 2 batches!
- 1/2 Cup of Cheddar Cheese
- 24 Wonton wrappers
- Shredded chicken
- 1 Cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 block of cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put a wonton wrapper into each spot in the muffin tin and bake for 3-4 minutes to get them a little crisp.
- Mix in a bowl: franks hot sauce, softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup ranch, and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Shred your chicken (using a rotisserie is always easy)
- Layer ingredients as follows: wonton wrapper, sauce, chicken, wonton wrapper, sauce, chicken.
- Finish off the top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, if the corners turn brown you can always put tin foil on top.
- Top with lettuce, sour cream, or whatever else you want.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.