This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Tired of mosquito's hanging around your patios? ME TOO! You guys need to try these homemade mosquito repellent mason jar candles. They actually work better than the candles you can buy at the store!
DIY Mosquito Repellent Mason Jar Candles
- 7 Drops Orange Essential Oil
- 12 Ounce Mason Jars
- 8 Ounces Water
- 1 Slice Fresh Orange
- 1 Slice Fresh Lime
- 1 Sprig of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tea Candle
- Place the water in your jar.
- Place the slice of orange and slice of lime inside the jar, up against the sides.
- Slide the rosemary sprig along side the slice of orange so it stays up against the jar.
- Add your essential oil to the water.
- Remove the metal casing from around the tea light. If you have a floating candle, that will work as well. The metal casing should tear away pretty easily.
- Pull the wick up off the candle and use it to place it in the water.
- Light the candle and you’re set!
A wide mouth mason jar will work better if you prefer your candle to float more in the middle. If you decide to use the jars similar to mine, you can add a bit more water so the ingredients don’t impede the floating candle. I liked my candle being more secure so I used to ingredients to keep it from moving a lot. This ensured the candle didn’t get too much liquid on it so it wouldn’t go out. Any citrus essential oil or citronella oil will work.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)