Make Scratch Art Using Oil Pastels
If your kids are looking for some fun at home activities, try making some scratch art! It's fun and easy to do.
Oil pastels are fun to work with and you can create any design!
- Paper plates
- Oil Pastels
- Tempera Paint black or another darker color for best results
- Toothpick or scratching tools
- Paper towels or wet wipes for cleaning up messes
- First draw a colorful pattern on the plate. I used a rainbow type bullseye circle. Other patterns work just as well
- Make sure to apply the oil pastel pretty think and blend it so no white is showing through. Allow to dry for 30 minutes
- The first layer of paint should be thin, but cover the plate completely. Let dry before applying second coat
- Apply a thicker coat of paint for the second layer. Allow to dry. For best results, allow to dry overnight
- Take a toothpick, paperclip, or other sketching tool and draw a pattern or picture and watch the magic happen.