Today I am sharing one of my husbands favorite shrimp recipe. The first time I made them he shouted “these are way better than Red Lobster!” and “This is the only way anyone should ever eat shrimp!” I’d call that a success. For all shrimp lovers AND shrimp haters, this recipe will blow your taste buds! Note that this recipe feeds 2 people so double, triple etc!
- 1 pound of jumbo shrimp (deveined, raw)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
Lemon Butter Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 TBSP butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Pull off the shrimp tails and slide them onto the wooden skewers. Place them on a tin foil covered cookie sheet for ease.
- Lightly brush the shrimp with olive oil, coating both sides.
- Shake on some salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the shrimp kabobs on the grill for about 5-10 minutes per side. Make sure they are pink all the way through.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter, garlic, lemon juice, basil, and oregano in a small sauce pan. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Take your brush and sweep the beautiful shrimp skewers with the delicious lemon garlic sauce!
- Top the kabobs with parsley and place them over a bed of rice or potatoes! They are best served when they are hot.
Don’t mind my dirty grill, it has been well used this winter…love the grill marks on the shrimp.
Yumm, they are so so good and pretty to serve on a plate!Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)