Here’s a cute and cheap Christmas gift to put in a stocking or give to a friend..a hot cocoa snowman jar! You could use any small jars you find at the craft store but the baby jars are a bit bigger to hold more goods.
You can either leave the candies in the wrappers or crush them.
Watch my video of me making it…
Baby Food Jar Hot Cocoa Snowmen
- 3 baby food jars washed and cleaned,
- Small marshmallows
- Hot cocoa mix
- Peppermint candies
- Black/orange sharpies
- Black cardstock
- Hot glue gun/E6000 Glue
- Black acrylic paint
- Wash and clean baby food jars and let them dry completely.
- Fill each jar (top-marshmallows, middle- hot cocoa, bottom- peppermints then hot glue them together or use E6000 glue and let sit all day to dry. (If the peppermints are too big you can crush them and put them in too)
- Cut out a circle of black cardstock then open the marshmallow jar, place it on top, then screw it on tight to make the ripples in the hat. Cut out a strip of black and glue it around the rim of the jar. (Option #2: Paint the top lid rim black then cut out a circle of black cardstock paper and trace the top then cut out the center. Place around open jar then screw lid on for the hat.)
- Add a sharpie face, buttons, and tie a ribbon around them. If the sharpie doesn't fully cover use acrylic paint to go over them.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.