This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
This Ninja Turtle box was so much fun to make. I've always been a huge Ninja Turtle fan, and love that my daughter Devyn enjoys them as well. Donatello is her favorite so that is who I made for her. But you can easily make your Ninja Turtle whichever is your child's favorite.
What you need:
- Hot glue gun
- Construction paper (purple, yellow, brown, green, black, and any other color you need for your stand)
- 5” foam ball
- Green paint (I used acrylic)
- An old shoe box
- Googly eyes
- Foam brush
- Pencil, pen, or marker
- 2 paper towel rolls
- Tissue paper (green and white)
- Pipe cleaners
What to do:
- Place a stick of some kind into the foam ball (I used a shish kabob stick) and paint. I used 2 coats. Let dry overnight.
- Tape lid onto a shoe box.
- Poke holes into the box for the head (finding the center on the top), arms, and legs.
- Cut one paper towel roll into 2 14 cm pieces. Cut the other into 2 13 cm pieces and 1 2 cm piece.
- Cut slight angles at the top of one end of the 2 13 cm pieces.
- Trace and cut out 5 circles onto construction paper using one of the paper towel rolls.
- Tape the circles onto the tops of the paper towel rolls. Tape onto the slanted end of the 13 cm pieces.
- Poke a hole into all of construction paper.
- Cover box and paper towel roll pieces in white tissue paper.
- Cover all pieces in green tissue paper.
- Find an old box and make a stand to glue your finished box onto. Make sure the stand has a bottom, back, and sides.
- Cover and decorate your stand.
- Cut out and decorate the front and back shell. Glue onto the box.
- Cut a hole in the back of your box for cards and treats. Make sure the hole is big enough to stick your hand in.
- Laying your box down hot glue the arms and lets onto the box. Make sure your holes are lined up.
- Use your pipe cleaners to make fastens to hold the arms and legs onto the box.
- Put two ends of your pipe cleaner fastener through the arm hold from the inside of your box. Once inside use something long to go inside the arm and push the ends down. Do the same for the other arm and the legs. (I swear this is the most difficult part).
- Cut out all the various shapes you need to decorate your turtle box.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the legs to the feet and the back to the back of the stand.
- Attach the neck to the top of the box using the hot glue gun. Place the head onto the body (leave the stick attached), and use the hot glue gun to secure.
- Glue the shapes you previously cut out onto the box in the appropriate places.
- Glue the googly eyes onto the head using the hot glue gun.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue on the turtles smile and mask.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)