Today i'm featuring Cathy Harris-Lupo's brilliant craft she made! She turned three plastic pumpkin buckets from Halloween into a snowman and a beautiful fall/Thanksgiving decoration! Just paint the buckets and hot glue them together. Paint on a face. Glue sticks for the arms with a small cardinal sitting on the branch, and add a scarf! The hat is from a party store she found for 99 cents. You can find more of our dollar plastic pumpkin bucket ideas too!
Plastic Pumpkin Snowman
- 3 Plastic pumpkin buckets
- White spray paint
- Plastic black hat
- Hot glue gun
- 2 Sticks
- 3 Black buttons
- Acrylic paint/paintbrush
- Start by cutting off the handles of the pumpkin pails.
- Turn all the pumpkins so the face is facing backwards. Put hot glue around the rim of the opening and stick another pumpkin on top. Repeat.
- On cardboard outside, spray paint them white and let dry. (You could also use white acrylic paint with a brush)
- Hot glue the sticks for arms, the 3 buttons down the center pumpkin, and the hat on top.
- Using a smaller brush, paint on the snowman's face.
- Finish him off with a colorful winter scarf and hot glue a fake cardinal bird on the stick!
This version is beautiful to make as a fall or Thanksgiving decoration outside. Just paint the buckets, hot glue them together, and add some ribbons, flowers on top.