How to Make Puffy Paint Pumpkins
Make some fun fluffy 3D pumpkins for a fall craft with the kiddos! It's very easy and after you're done you can make orange slime from it! Download the FREE PUMPKIN PRINTABLE HERE!
Once the puffy paint dries it feel so cool!
Puffy Paint Pumpkin
- 1 cup foam shaving cream
- ¾ cup school glue
- Orange food coloring
- Paint brushes
- Printed Pumpkin on cardstock
- Cinnamon sticks for stem
- Optional: construction paper
- 2 TBS contact solution
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a medium bowl, mix shaving cream, glue, and food coloring until incorporated, you now have puffy paint!
- Using a paint brush, paint the pumpkins orange including the stem.
- Cut a cinnamon stick in half and place it on the stem. Set pumpkin to dry
- Once the pumpkin is dry, cut it out and paste it on a piece of construction paper.
- If you have a bunch of paint left over you can turn this into slime!!
- Add 2 TBS contact solution and 1 teaspoon baking soda to your puffy paint and stir until slime forms.
*If you do not want to make slime you can store paint in an airtight container.
*Make sure your contact solution has boric acid or slime will not work
*You can use a q-tip to clean up the lines on your pumpkin or leave it the way it was created!