Best Way To Clean Oven Glass
So you want to know the best way to clean the glass on the oven door? You've hit the right spot!
So it's quite embarrassing to post such a nasty oven photo online but it's real life. We MAY have made 20 too many meals of jalapeno poppers and cooking bacon in the oven. The grease splatters were out of this world! I first tried to use a magic eraser with water which got one layer of the yuck but the grease lines didn't budge. I then asked some family members for the best way to clean the oven and found out this brilliant hack.
I poured about ¾ cup of hot water onto the oven glass then sprinkled baking soda to cover it. I let it sit for 30 seconds then crumpled up a ball of aluminum foil and started to scrub. Barely even pushing, the grease started to disappear!! I rubbed it in circular motions until clean. I wiped it up with paper towels but you will need some new fresh water to get the baking soda film completely gone.
Watch how to clean an oven door glass in my video...
I can tell you after you do this, you will feel so satisfied with yourself! I really can't believe this trick takes about 3 minutes start to finish....and I've been putting it off for no reason! :) Feeling motivated? Move on to cleaning your stove top, or even the dishwasher!
How to Clean Oven Glass
- ¾ cup hot water or vinegar
- baking soda
- aluminum foil
- Pour hot water all over your oven glass.
- Sprinkle baking soda until it's all coated. Let sit for 30 seconds.
- Form a ball with tin foil and scrub in circular motions for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a damp paper towel and wipe off the excess.
- Baking soda streaks will start to show so wipe it again with water.
- Wipe with a dry paper towel and you'll have a sparkling oven glass door!