My husband and I were craving pizza but didn’t want to order out so we tried a new recipe today! It’s a Hawaiian pizza braid which would be perfect for family dinners with kids. They could also help you make it since the steps aren’t rocket science. You could also add more sauce, cheese, meat, etc. to your liking. Next time I think I would throw some bacon bits in!
- 1/2 cup Canadian bacon or ham
- 2 cups of mozzarella/cheddar cheese mixed
- 1/2 cup pineapple pieces (chopped)
- Pizza sauce
- Pillsbury pizza crust (classic)
Pizza Braid Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with pam or use a nonstick pan.
- Roll out the pizza crust and with a pizza cutter, cut 8-10 strips on each side leaving about 3 inches in the middle to put the ingredients.
- Spread the pizza sauce, cheese, canadian bacon, and pineapple in the middle.
- Braid the strips making a whole bunch of “x’s”
- Top with extra cheese and canadian bacon.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Here are the brands we used but you could pretty much use any kinds of cheese, sauce, etc.
Make sure when you braid the pizza crust to not have any openings because a lot of our sauce dripped out!
Yummm….Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.