This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Here's the easiest and tastiest donuts you can make at home! All you need is a can of biscuit dough! (usually only $1!)
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits (Use homestyle or Southern. The flakey ones will not work.)
- 1 quart vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp hot water
- In a large stock pot, bring the oil to 375 degrees. The doughnuts will come together super fast so get your area ready. Wire racks are the easiest to use but if you don’t have a cooling rack plates will work fine. Have a paper towel set on one to put the doughnut after it comes out of the oil. Then, have a second rack ready for the doughnut to go after it is glazed. (Put some paper towels under it to help with clean up!)
- Open your can of biscuits.
- Cut a hole in the center. I used a glass that we had.
- Set the holes to the side. These will be your doughnut holes.
- Make your glaze. Mix together powdered sugar, vanilla and the water. If you want your glaze thinner add more water.
- When the oil is ready, drop the doughnut into the oil. When it is golden brown, flip it over. It will not take long - generally only a minute to a minute and a half.
- Remove with a slotted spoon. Set on the paper towel to get the excess oil off.
- Quickly put the doughnut into the glaze.
- Flip it over glaze both sides and set to dry.
- These are best served warm. You can reheat in the microwave if you want. If they are set out, the glaze will fully mix into the doughnut. But don’t worry, they are still tasty! In fact, they are so good, we’ve never had too many doughnuts and they usually disappear before they are cooled! :)