Chicken alfredo pizza has always been one of my favorites. I just got my first cast iron skillet and decided to try baking a deep dish pizza! It turned out so good and the extra bacon toppings hit the spot. Your kids will love this recipe for dinner or lunch :)
Pizza Crust Ingredients:
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp applesauce
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bacon cooked & chopped
- 1 cup grilled chicken
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
Pizza crust instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine water and yeast and let sit until yeast is foamy (about 10 minutes)
- Mix remaining ingredients using a dough hook attachment on your stand mixer.
- Mix for 5 minutes
- Roll out onto a floured surface
- Lightly oil a cast iron skillet
- Place the rolled out dough in the cast iron pan and fold edges so they are thick and go all the way up the side of the skillet.
- Top with alfredo sauce, cheese, bacon and chicken.
- Brush the top edges of the crust with melted butter and garlic (optional)
- Bake for 20 minutes
Directions for alfredo sauce:
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt butter.
- Stir in garlic, cream, pepper, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in cheese.
- Return to stove on low and continue to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.