This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
- 2 oz Epsom salt
- 4 oz baking soda
- 2 oz corn starch
- 2 oz citric acid
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (liquified)
- ½ tbsp water
- 1 drop lavender soap coloring
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- Large bowl
- 2-3 medium size round bath bomb molds
- Small jar with lid
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mix the dry ingredients first (Epsom salt, baking soda, cornstarch and citric acid), using the whisk. Mix well to ensure there are no clumps.
- Add half the dried lavender flowers.
- If the coconut oil is not already liquid, put it in a small glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour the wet ingredients (coconut oil, water, soap coloring and essential oil into jar, secure the lid and shake well.
- Very slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, about a few drops at time, while whisking. If you’re not pouring slowly enough, the mixture will start to fizz and you don’t want that to happen.
- Once all of the liquid has been poured into the dry mixture, mix very well until the color is consistent.
- Put some of the lavender flowers into one side of each mold.
- Immediately fill the molds with the mixture, firmly stuffing each side full.
- Secure both parts of the mold together and let set. I always give it about a day, just to be on the safe side.
- Carefully release bath bombs from molds and put into an airtight container, or individual cello bags.