This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make these awesome glow in the dark bath bombs!
Glow in the Dark Bath Bombs
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid It’s better to buy in bulk on Amazon
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup white kaolin clay I get mine on Amazon
- ⅓ cup coconut oil I get mine on Amazon
- 1 teaspoon polysorbate 80 I get mine on Amazon
- 1 teaspoon fresh cotton scented oil I get mine on Amazon
- 1-2 teaspoons blue glow in the dark colorant I get mine from this set on Amazon
- 1-2 teaspoons green glow in the dark colorant see above
- Stainless steel bath bomb molds I get mine on Amazon
- Spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 2 smaller bowls
- In a large mixing bowl, add the baking soda, citric acid, white kaolin clay and cornstarch. Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add the coconut oil. This binds all the ingredients together, so you bath bombs don’t crumble when you touch them!
- Add the polysorbate 8This helps the coconut oil disperse more evenly in your bath water, makes the bath bombs bubbly and prevents the mica from sticking to the side of the tub.
- Add the scented oil
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly. You may need to use your hands to break down any lumps and make sure everything is mixed in. The mixture is perfect when it holds together when you press it into your hands and feels like wet sand. Divide the mixture evenly between the two smaller bowls.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of the blue glow in the dark powder to one bowl and the green glow in the dark powder to the other. Mix thoroughly.
- Fill one side of the mold with the blue color and the other side of the mold with the green mixture and press molds together and grind to remove excess mixture. Gently tap each side of the mold to release the bombs. Allow to dry a minimum of 24 hours. If your climate is wet or cold, allow an additional 24 hours. My rule of thumb is that when it is hard to the touch, they are ready for the tub! Store in an airtight container until ready for use.
- To get the bombs to glow, hold until a light for about 30 seconds and then take into a dark room. The bomb will glow brightly. If you want it to glow even brighter, hold under a black light after exposing to a regular light.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)