As a first time mom, I get to experience my own baby shower in a few weeks! I always thought monkey themed showers were adorable but when I went to search for DIY ideas on Pinterest, it was overwhelming. I just wanted ONE website to show me a bunch of ideas! So here is a round-up of my favorite monkey themed party ideas that you can actually make at home (and not spend a fortune at party city ;)
Monkey Baby Shower Food Ideas
- Monkey Bread & Chocolate Dipped Bananas – Super cute how she used a cake stand and made her own monkey labels.
- Pretzel Monkey Tails– Dip the ends of long pretzels in white chocolate!
- Monkey Apple Licorice Vines– This is my ultimate favorite kind of licorice and they look just like green vines that monkeys swing from.
- Monkey Tail Sandwiches– I love this idea! Just make tortilla pinwheel sandwiches (lunch meat, cheese, lettuce, mayo) and make a sign saying “Monkey Tails.” Costco also sells big platters of these.
- Cini Mini Monkey Bread– Make individual monkey breads for your guests to grab (finger food is best!)
Monkey Themed Desserts
- Chunky Monkey Brownies – These look to die for and would be cute with a sign saying “Chunky Monkeys”
- Nilla Wafer Monkey Cupcakes– Make regular ol’ chocolate cupcakes, top with chocolate frosting and add some nilla wafers for a monkey face!
- Banana Pudding / Individual Banana Pudding Cups– Make a big batch of banana pudding or serve them in little cups with safari tape covered spoons.
- DIY Monkey Face Cake– Here’s a great tutorial on how to make a monkey face cake on your own.
- Reeses Monkey Cupcakes– These were made for Valentine’s but with different cupcake labels, they would be perfect for a baby shower.
Monkey Baby Shower Favors
- Banana Runts Favors– Pick out banana runts (or buy them in bulk online) and wrap a handful in some green tulle/ribbon!
- Banana Bread Favors– This is my favorite monkey favor idea! Make small loaves of banana bread and wrap them up with a cute monkey label. Seriously, who doesn’t love banana bread?
- Monkey Nut Mix– Buy mixed nuts and fill up baby jars with a “Monkey Mix” label on the front.
- Monkey Banana Runts– Make your own labels that say “Thanks for Swinging By!” and attach it to a bag of banana runts.
- Monkey Wrapped Bananas– Literally have your guests take home real bananas with a paper monkey wrapped around it.
- Banana Chip Bags– Fill a bag with banana chips to go with the monkey theme! (I personally have never tried them…hmm)
Monkey Guestbook Ideas
- Curious George Book Guestbook– Find a Curious George or any other monkey book at the store and have all your baby shower guests sign the inside cover, adorable!
- Monkey Onsie Guestbook– Buy a baby onesie with the picture of a monkey on it and have your guests sign it. You could also buy those iron on letters to say “Welcome ____” on the front, etc.
- Balloon Monkey Guestbook– Print some hanging monkey clip art on white card stock paper and draw black lines with a skinny sharpie. Cut out tons of small circles and have each guest sign one/attach to the balloons! (Or go buy a pre-made one on Etsy)
- Monkey Diaper Wreath– Great tutorial on how to make this cute baby diaper wreath to hang up.
- Hanging Stuffed Monkeys– Hang some lime green balloons from a light fixture and attach some hanging monkey stuffed animals! Easy and cute.
- Stuffed Monkey Centerpieces– Round up all your monkey and gorilla stuffed animals and have them hold a real banana for centerpieces (umm….GENIUS!)
- Pineapple Palm Tree Centerpiece– Cut off the tops of 4 pineapples and stack them using dowels. Add some leaves and a monkey to the top. This is always a guest favorite with a fruit platter beneath it.
- Banana Washcloths– Here’s a tutorial on Etsy to make your own banana shaped washcloths which I thought would be cute little decorations around the party.