Here is a very cheap and creative art project you can do with your kiddos around the Holidays! Make a beautiful Christmas tree out of an empty recycled toilet paper roll! You can do this kids craft with children as young as 3 years old. We made these Christmas tree toilet paper roll crafts with our preschoolers and they had a blast. Not only did they love making them but their parents LOVED getting them as a gift.
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Brown Paint
- Green and yellow construction paper
- Pom poms, stickers, paper punch shapes, glitter, etc.
- Start by putting the empty toilet paper roll over the childs fingers (this makes it more sturdy to paint on) let them dip their paint brush into the brown paint and cover the entire tube.
- Depending on age, you can have the child draw the outline of a Christmas tree and cut it themselves or have them pre-cut.
- Have them decorate the tree with whatever materials you give them and have them make a yellow star out of construction paper to put at the top of the tree. Let it sit and dry.
- Once the toilet paper roll is dry from the brown paint, cut two slits on the sides that are straight across from each other. Stick the green construction paper tree between them. Depending on the weight of the paper you might need to make the slits a little deeper than normal.
- Put their names on the back and there you have a great Christmas craft to give to their parents or siblings!
If you liked this one, check out my other Christmas Toilet Paper Roll Crafts!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.