Make some fun green and red Christmas slime with the kids for a Christmas activity! They will play with it for hours!
- 1 airtight container
- 2 cups white glue
- 2 cups shaving cream, divided
- 2 cups foaming hand wash, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda, divided
- 2 tbsp contact solution, divided
- Red acrylic paint
- Green food coloring
- Small bowl
- In a bowl, measure out 1 cup white glue.
- Add 1 cup shaving cream. Shaving cream is a little funky to measure so a little extra won’t hurt it! :)
- Mix together and add 1 cup of foaming hand wash.
- Mix well. Your slime should be super foamy.
- Add in 1 tsp of cornstarch and about 1 tsp of body lotion. These will help your slime stretch and be fluffy.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring.
- Next add in ¾ - 1 tsp of baking soda. (Start with ¾ of a tsp and add more during kneading if you need to. Baking soda is what will thicken your slime up.)
- Finally, add in contact saline solution. Start with 1 tbsp. If you need to add a bit more, you can. Saline solution makes the slime less sticky. You will know you have enough when the slime pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Knead the slime.
- Repeat the process, except this time, use clear glue and instead of green food coloring, add red paint. Paint is the best way to get a true red color!
- Store in an airtight container.