This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make some delicious cinnamon sugar doughnuts using canned biscuits! Easiest breakfast ever and so yummy!
Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits Use homestyle or Southern. The flakey ones will not work.
- 1 quart vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp cinnamon
- In a large stock pot, bring the oil to 375 degrees.
- The doughnuts will come together super fast so get your area ready. Wire racks are the easiest to use but if you don’t have a cooling rack plates will work fine. Put paper towels under the rack to help with clean up.
- Open your can of biscuits.
- Cut a hole in the center. I used a cup that we had.
- Set the holes to the side. These will be your doughnut holes.
- Make your cinnamon sugar mix. I like to make mine in a tupperware container to store the leftovers. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together until evenly mixed.
- When the oil is ready, drop the doughnut into the oil. When it is golden brown, flip it over. It will not take long - generally only a minute to a minute and a half.
- Remove with a slotted spoon. Set on the paper towel to get the excess oil off.
- Quickly put the doughnut into the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Flip it over to coat both sides.
These are best served warm. You can reheat in the microwave if you want. They are so good, we’ve never had too many doughnuts and they usually disappear before they are cooled! :)