How to Make Salt Dough Easter Eggs
Growing up my mom always had the cutest little white Easter tree and she would hang little easter egg ornaments on it. You can make your own salt dough Easter eggs easily with the kiddos! You probably have all the materials at home as well.
I love making homemade Easter keepsakes, you could also have your kiddos make fingerprints or handprints inside the eggs. Please note these are not edible and should be kept away from dogs as they can die if they eat them. Always use supervision for children.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
Salt Dough Easter Egg Ornaments
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup salt
- ¾ cup water
- circle or egg shaped cookie cutter
- string (blue, orange, yellow, pink, green, and white)
- acrylic paint
- paint brush
- Mix the flour, salt and water in a bowl.
- Take the dough out and flatten on parchment paper. Make a round shape to an egg shape. Make a hole with a straw on the top for the strings.
- Let it dry (min. 24 hours)
- Paint it.
- Cut a piece of the string and string the egg up.