This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Kids Snow Volcano Experiment
If you're bored with the kids, go outside and make a snow volcano using vinegar!
It's fun to mix up the ingredients and watch the reaction!
You can make a bunch of erupting volcanos in different colors all over the yard!
After it soaks in the snow it leaves beautiful colors! Also check out our snow paint recipe!
Snow Volcano Experiment
- Fresh snow
- 2-3 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. dish soap
- Squeeze bottle of vinegar
- Food coloring desired colors
- Scoop snow into a volcano shape.
- Scoop out a small area in the middle and place a cup in the center.
- Pack the snow around the cup, re-forming the volcano shape.
- Add baking soda to the cup.
- Add dish soap to the cup.
- Drop a few drops of food coloring in the cup.
- Using the squeeze bottle squeeze vinegar into the cup. The baking soda/vinegar/dish soap will react, start to rise, and flow over the sides of the cup!
- Squeeze more vinegar to see if the volcano will continue to react.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)