If you're on a low carb or keto diet you must try this 90 second bread turned into a GRILLED CHEESE! This brilliant idea was made by Christina Kruger-Harris and was lovely to share with us! She said "I made the coolest 90 keto mug bread in a sandwich container. I then cut it in half and made the best grilled ham and cheese sammy! It was crispy and delicious. I added seasonings to my almond flour to give the "bread" zing. I also made a second one and toasted it and it makes a sandwich that is 90% like real bread. I'm going to try again and add cinnamon and nutmeg and a packet of stevia for a mock cinnamon toast with cream cheese. I bought this container at the Dollar Tree and it works perfectly! I just tap the battery hard on the counter to get the bubbles out and get a smooth surface!"
Watch how to make it...
Keto Grilled Cheese
90 second bread ingredients:
- 3 TBSP almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 TBSP butter melted
- 1 egg
- Cheddar cheese/meats
- Seasonings optional: taco seasoning, curry, garlic salt, etc
- Melt butter in a bowl.
- Add the almond flour, egg, baking powder, seasonings and then whisk together.
- Dump into the sandwich container (or bowl/mug works). You can do it in a mug for an English muffin or in a square container for "bread shape" . It is best toasted before using as it's super soft and squishy after cooking.
- Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Take out of the microwave and let cool 20 seconds.
- Cut bread in half and fill with cheese/meat (if too thin, make 2 slices of bread)
- Heat butter in a skillet and cook the bread on each side until crisp.
Check out our other keto recipes here!