This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make an adorable cinnamon stick ornament that looks like a tiny tree! You can use ribbons or fabric strips to make this.
This knotted technique makes a cute little 3D effect! And it's SO easy even the kids can make it!
You can also make a twig tree ornament, and cinnamon stick reindeer/button trees too!
Cinnamon Stick Tree Ornaments
- Cinnamon Sticks – 6” to 8” long available in the floral section of the craft store
- Wooden Stars – Small
- Jute Twine – Dollar Store
- Acrylic Craft Paint – Metallic Gold
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Cut 3 strips of fabric into skinny pieces then double knot them and cut the ends off. Hot glue it to the cinnamon stick. (You can also just tie it around the stick and knot it twice)
- You can use a scissors to make the top fabric strips shorter to resemble a tree shape more. We like frayed edges!
- Paint the wooden star with a metallic paint and let dry. Then hot glue to the top of the cinnamon stick.
- Cut 8 inches of jute twine, then tie the ends in a knot to create a loop. Flip the cinnamon stick tree over and attach the loop hanger to the top of the tree with hot glue.
- Hang on the tree!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)