Make this fun and unique red, white, and blue layered patriotic drink! So easy and will WOW your guests on the 4th of July!
- Lots of Ice
- Red Pop with high sugar content – Red Mountain Dew or Faygo work best
- Clear Pop such as 7up or Sprite
- Sugar Blue Gatorade or Powerade
1) Fill Glass all the way to the top with ice.
2) Pour the Red Pop slowly into the glass, as close to the side as you can get. This helps to avoid
staining the ice red as it trickles down. Fill until the glass is 1⁄3 full.
3) Rotate the glass, and pour the clear pop in. Try and pour it over a large ice cube and as slow as
you possibly can. Fill until glass is 2⁄3 full.
4) Finish the drink by slowly pouring in the blue sport drink.
1) The secret to layered drinks is sugar content. The drink with the highest sugar content will drop to the bottom, the one with the lowest sugar content will stay at the top. Have fun playing around with different drinks with varying sugar content!
2) Tilting the glass slightly while pouring in the red drink, helps to avoid staining ice cubes red.
3) Filling the glass all the way to the top with ice really helps keep your layers precise!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.