This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
Total time: 45-50 minutes
Serves up to 6
- 6 tbsp butter, divided
- 2 chicken breast, (about 1 ½ lbs) fat removed and cut into cubes
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups (32 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cup whole milk
- 8 oz dried pasta noodles (fettuccine, linguine, or spaghetti)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Parsley, optional for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Add the chicken and mushrooms, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder cooking for 5-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Once cooked, remove the chicken and mushrooms.
- To the Dutch oven add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and flour, whisking to make a blonde roux for about 2 minutes.
- Next add, the broth and milk and continue whisking until the sauce comes to a boil and starts to thicken. Once the sauce begins to thicken, turn the heat down to low and add the chicken, mushroom and pasta to the sauce and give it a stir. You want to make sure that the noodles begin to soften and you can push them into the pot.
- Cover the Dutch oven and cook for 20-25 minute until the pasta is al dente, but during this time frame you want to stir the pot several times to prevent the noodles from sticking together and to the bottom of the pot. Once the noodles are cooked to perfection, add the spinach, turn off the heat and adjust your seasoning accordingly if needed.
- Serve in a shallow bowl or plate and garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)