This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Switch up dinner or lunch with this delicious chicken bacon ranch tater tot casserole for the family!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 Bag frozen tater tots
- 2 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 c Mexican blend cheese
- 5 Slices bacon
- ½ c Milk
- ½ c Heavy Whipping Cream
- Ranch seasoning packet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Leave a bit of the bacon grease in the bottom of a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until completely done and no longer pink in the middle. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a single layer of frozen tater tots in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Layer the cooked chicken on top of the tater tots.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, heavy whipping cream and Ranch seasoning packet.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the chicken and tater tots.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken in an even layer.
- Crumble the cooked bacon, and place it on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed, and the cheese is browned and melted.