- Paper plates
- Pink and red craft paint
- Red and pink buttons
- Red felt
- Orange pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Round sponge paint brush
- Paint brushes
1. Cut each plate in half and lay out a piece of newspaper.
2. Squirt some pink and red paint on a clean paper plate and use it as your paint palette.
3. Dab the round sponge paint brush into the red paint and press it onto one of the plate halves.
4. Paint the other plate pink and let dry.
5. Turn the plates so the rounded sides are facing down, cut out 2.5-3” hearts from the felt and glue the hearts sideways on the plates.
6. Cut a pipe cleaner in half, bend those pieces in half into the shape of an upside down “V” and glue to the back side of your plate for legs.
7. Cut a couple 2” pieces off a pipe cleaner, bend in half and glue towards the top backside on the rounded side of the plate like pictured for a beak.
8. Glue a googly eye by the beak on the plate.
9. Glue on buttons for decoration and let dry.