Patricia Pugliese shared how she made her twin daughters into the cutest little cupcakes for Halloween! We love DIY Halloween costumes and she was so lovely to share how she made them using almost all Dollar Tree items.
Think of all the colors of cupcakes you could make with pool noodles! So fun!
Pool Noodle Cupcake Halloween Costume
- Plastic laundry basket
- Poster board
- Pool noodles
- Glue gun
- Clear packing tape
- Permanent vinyl
- Pipe cleaners
- Red felt
- Styrofoam ball for cherry
- Remove bottom from basket (so legs can go through!)
- Cut poster board to size of basket (to cover basket). Accordion fold poster board. Hot glue to basket at each fold. Two poster board sections were used for this size basket.
- Take pool noodles and bend to create a circle. Join with packing tape (secure with a few rounds of tape). Note: hot glue will not work. For this project, 2 full size noodles were joined and the top two pool noodles were cut a bit to make them smaller.
- Starting with the full size pool noodles, glue the first pool noodle to basket. If basket has handles, be sure to keep handles inside the pool noodles. Hot glue next pool noodle to previous noodle. Repeat until all layers are complete. Note: heat from glue gun can melt pool noodles so be careful!!
- Using permanent vinyl, cut “sprinkles” with Cricut (1.5”x0.5”) and adhere to pool noodles. If you don’t have a Cricut, use colored stickers!
- Clamp suspenders to the inside of the basket.
For Cherry Headband
- Cut approximately ¼ portion of a styrofoam ball off to create a flat surface.
- Wrap with red felt and adhere at bottom using hot glue- twist 3 or more pipe cleaners together to create stem and stick/press into cherry top to create a hole.
- Remove, drop a bit of hot glue into hole and then put pipe cleaners back into hole to create stem.- hot glue cherry to head band.