Fall Popsicle Stick Craft Idea
Looking to make a fall craft using popsicle sticks? Make some adorable little acorns! Make sure to also check out our popsicle stick scarecrows!
Feel free to print the acorn template out to use!
Popsicle Stick Acorn Craft
- Jumbo Craft Sticks – Dollar Store
- Wiggle Eyes – Dollar Store
- Craft Foam Brown – Dollar Store
- Natural Jute Twine – Dollar Store
- Craft Paint – Medium Brown Pink
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks – Dollar Store
- Paintbrush flat and detail
- Pencil with new Eraser
- Permanent Marker Black
- PATTERNS CRAFT STICK ACORNS
- Gather all supplies. To create each acorn, line up five jumbo craft sticks on your work surface in a graduated pattern. Using scissors, trim additional jumbo craft sticks to the width of the acorn and attach with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- TIP: You can use liquid craft glue for this project, but you will have to wait for it to dry.
- Trim the top edge of the craft sticks even with the shortest craft stick using scissors.
- Basecoat the front and sides of the acorns with medium brown acrylic craft paint. Let dry and apply a second coat, if necessary.
- Download, print and cut out the Acorn Patterns with scissors. Trace twice onto dark brown craft foam. Cut out with scissors.
- Attach the acorn caps to the top of the acorns with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Using a detail paintbrush, create an “X” pattern on the craft foam with medium brown acrylic craft paint. You could also use a brown paint pen and a scallop pattern.
- Add a face to the acorn by attaching two wiggle eyes with a glue gun and glue sticks. Add cheeks by dipping a new pencil eraser in pink acrylic craft paint and dotting on either side of the face.
- Draw a mouth from cheek to cheek with a permanent black marker.
- To finish the acorn, tie a bow with natural jute twine and attach to the acorn stem with a glue gun and glue sticks.