How to Make a Wood Slice Wreath
Make a gorgeous Christmas wreath using mostly Dollar Tree items! I got the wood slices on Amazon here.
Wood Slice Wreath
- Wood Slices 3.5''-4''
- Hot Glue gun/ gluesticks
- Zip Ties I got a good size bag from Dollar Tree
- 14 inch wire wreath form from dollar tree
- 1 package of pine pieces from dollar tree
- 1 package of large red berries from dollar tree
- Pictured is black and white ribbon (it wasn’t wired enough to make a bow that would stay well so I used a red and black premade bow from dollar tree)
- Lambs Ear floral pieces I got a bunch of them from Walmart and just used a couple of pieces to add some more color for this wreath
- I first laid out all of the wood pieces to see how they would fit and moved them it I wanted a closer fit in sections.
- Next add some hot glue to the wire wreath form and place the wood slice on top pressing firmly so that it adheres.
- Repeat this until you have completely covered the wreath. When adding the top pieces I made sure to note where it overlapped on the other wood slice and added the wood there.
- I left on wood slice without the pieces overlapping it because I figured I could save those pieces for another craft and the bow and greenery would be covering it.
- I next laid out the greenery and placed the bow on top before gluing anything down to make sure that was how I wanted it. I realized that I needed some more greenery so I added the lamb’s ear pieces. I felt that it added more dimension and another green color.
- I then added glue along the stem of the greenery and pressed the pieces firmly on top of the wood slices.
- The premade bow had a twist tie on it so I tied that around the wreath form and then moved it into place.