This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Easy Gingerbread Men Kids Craft
Turn popsicle sticks into an adorable Gingerbread man! These would make adorable little ornaments too if you add a ribbon to the top!
These are just the cutest Christmas crafts to make with the kids!
Popsicle Stick Gingerbread Men
- Craft Sticks Jumbo – Dollar Store
- Craft Foam White– Dollar Store
- Wiggle Eyes – Dollar Store
- Rhinestones Green – Dollar Store
- Sponge Dabbers – Dollar Store
- Permanent Marker Black – Dollar Store
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks – Dollar Store
- Gingham Ribbon Red – Dollar Store
- Acrylic Craft Paint – Brown Pink
- Gather all supplies. To create both the Gingerbread Man and Woman, line up five jumbo craft sticks on your work surface. Using scissors, trim additional jumbo craft sticks to the width of the couple and attach with a glue gun and glue sticks. You can use liquid craft glue for this project, but you will have to wait for it to dry.
- Paint front and sides of the Gingerbread Couple with brown acrylic craft paint. Set aside to dry and apply a second coat, if necessary.
- Using a pencil, make a decorative icing pattern onto white craft foam four times. Cut out all shapes with scissors, making sure to cut inside the traced lines for a clean, finished project.
- Adhere two wiggle eyes to each Gingerbread person with a glue gun and glue sticks. Create cheeks with pink acrylic craft paint and a sponge dabber. Set aside to let paint dry.
- Attach a section of decorative icing to the top and bottom of each Gingerbread person with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Attach five self-adhesive rhinestones in between the hills and valleys of the decorative icing at the top and bottom of both the Gingerbread Man and Woman. If you don’t have rhinestones, you can use small buttons, pom poms, over even dots of acrylic paint.
- Draw a large smile from cheek to cheek using a permanent black marker.
- Tie the red gingham ribbon in two small bows. Using scissors, trim any long ends in a triangle pattern. Attach the bow to the top of the Gingerbread Woman and to the bottom of the Gingerbread Man with a glue gun and glue sticks. Trimming the ends of the ribbon not only finishes the bow, but it also prevents the ribbon from fraying.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)