Make adorable little turkeys to sit at each seat at Thanksgiving! These will keep the kids busy tracing their handprints, cutting them out and filling the lightbulb! You can get shatterproof plastic light bulbs on Amazon!
- Do I have to use craft foam for the beak?
No, you could use orange cardstock
- Can I fill with something other than candy?
Yes, you can fill with anything that will fit through the top. Acorns would give it a fall feel, fall colored pompoms, sequins, or even sprinkles. You could also fill it with rolled papers that have what you are grateful/thankful for listed on them.
Lightbulb Handprint Turkey Craft
- Plastic Fillable Lightbulbs
- Cardstock (fall colors: Red, Yellow, Orange, Brown)
- Red and Brown Pipe Cleaners
- Medium size googly eyes
- Orange Craft Foam
- Fall Colored Candy (Ex: Reese’s Pieces or M & M’s)-about ½ cup per light bulb
- Glue Dots
- Craft Equipment Recommended:
- After gathering all the supplies, trace your child’s hand or your hand in all four colors and cut them out. Set them aside.
- On the plastic light bulb, using two glue dots adhere googly eyes at the narrow portion of the bulb.
- Cut the orange craft form into a small triangle for the beak and set aside
- Cut both the brown and red pipe cleaners at 2 inches. You will need 4 brown and one red per turkey. Twist the red pipe cleaner to the shape of a wattle (like a tear drop), and twist 2 brown pipe cleaners together to make each foot
- Place a glue dot on the back of the orange beak and then attach it to the red pipe cleaner wattle. Using another glue dot secure both pieces to the light bulb just under the eyes.
- Adhere both feet to the bottom of the light bulb with two more glue dots.
- Fan out the cut-out hands and glue them to the back of the turkey light bulb
- With the twist off cap removed, use a small kitchen funnel to add fall colored candy to the light bulb. Fill candy to the top and replace cap.
- Use the handprint light bulb turkey as a place setting for the kids table at Thanksgiving, a gift for a neighbor or teacher or just a cute Thanksgiving decoration.