How to Make Footprint Reindeer Ornaments
Amber Rose made these darling little salt dough footprint reindeer ornaments with her kiddos! They are such fun keepsakes to pull out every year and put on the tree. Don't forget to add the year to the back!
We love reindeer footprint art and these are my favorite! Amber was so sweet to share how she made them. If you liked these, make sure to check out our footprint snowmen and footprint penguin ornaments too!
Salt Dough Footprint Reindeer Ornament
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Salt
- ½ cup Warm water
- 6-8 Pipe cleaners cut up into pieces
- Acrylic paint
- Hot Glue
- Puff paint/ sharpie
- Mod podge
- Mini pom poms
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add the water, salt, and flour to combine. Knead with your hands to get it all smooth. Use a rolling pin and roll it out flat.
- Have your child press their foot into the dough then use a knife and cut around the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours then let them cool. Once cooled, paint them with brown acrylic paint. Let them dry a bit and put together the antlers with pipe cleaners.
- Hot glue the pipe cleaners on the back and the nose. Use black puff paint or sharpie for the mouth and eyes. Make a loop for the ribbon and hot glue that to the back as well.
- Finish with a coat of mod podge or a clear coat spray to seal it.