- 1 airtight container
- 1 5 oz bottle of clear glue
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact solution
- Sand (I used a mix of 3 different colors of craft sand, but you can use play sand too. Just if it has rocks, sift through it to get the rocks and pebbles out.)
- Small bowl
- Sea Shells
- Pretend sand castle (I found mine at the dollar store – you can look also in the fish tank supplies!)
- In a bowl, pour the entire 5 oz bottle of clear glue.
- Add in ½ cup of water.
- Add in ½ tsp baking soda and stir.
- Pour in some sand. You can always add more later!
- Add 1 tbsp contact solution. It will instantly begin to form.
- It will be STICKY! Don’t panic! Mix the solution in the bowl until it starts to form.
- Knead the slime until it is no longer sticky.
- Continue to add the sand until you get a look that you are going for.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you are making a sandcastle kit – put your sand slime into a large container. Fill the other half with sea shells and top with a sand castle.
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.